Time saving tools, templates and ideas that I have written, trialled and tested, that work. Send in your best templates and ideas for teaching and I'll put them here to share.
So the question is - "How do you use all the information on the web to develop meaningful lessons?"
The answer is
Creativity & Inspiration
Videos Cleese, Jobs, Mitra, IB
Video2 Chomsky, Gilbert &
What if Money didn't matter ?
Video3 SHOCKING! The real purpose of your life!
FLOW, The SECRET to Happiness, How I fell in love with a FISH.
Video4 How a boy became an ARTIST
Infinite Thinking MACHINE
Video5 Shane Koyczan: "To This Day" ... for the bullied and beautiful.
Ken Robinson says SCHOOL KILLS CREATIVITY
What will be OBSOLETE in 2020
Video6 Dr Eric Topol & the SMART future Health care
Why Education in Finland Works
Finland's Revolutionary Education System
Flashmob, Jane Goodall
George Lucas Visual Literacy Martin Scorsese Visual Literacy
Video9 Ramsey Musallam Curiosity Comes First
Video10 Benjamin Zander: The transformative power of classical music
Articles & Seminars
The child - driven education
Video from the TEDGlobal conference 2010
This is an amazing video with footage from schools in areas with no schools. It points to many new possiblities. You will be amazed this looks impossible, and has huge implications.
Sugata's final hypothesis - education is self-organizing system, where learning is an emergent phenomenon.
Here is another video by Sugata which is worth watching.
IB World Schools
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) offers high quality programmes of international education to a worldwide community of schools. There are more than 900,000 IB students in over 140 countries.
The PYP is designed for students aged 3 to 12. It focuses on the development of the whole child as an inquirer, both in the classroom and in the world outside.
Short Video well worth showing to students. 1995 Embrace and change life and never be the same again.
is the master of Creativity and offers much in his lecture - video to follow. An incredible speech, we have set up a Space Time Oasis in our office. Download the signage and pin it up at your place. 'Creativity is not a talent. It is a way of operating.'
1. Space (“You can’t become playful, and therefore creative, if you’re under your usual pressures.”)
2. Space Time (“It’s not enough to create space; you have to create your space for a specific period of time.”)
3. Mind Time (“Giving your mind as long as possible to come up with something original,” and learning to tolerate the discomfort of pondering time and indecision.)
4. Confidence (“Nothing will stop you being creative so effectively as the fear of making a mistake.”)
5. Humor (“The main evolutionary significance of humor is that it gets us from the closed mode to the open mode quicker than anything else.”)